The cultural delegation follows thoroughly the academic and daily affairs of Bahraini students pursuing their studies in Jordan.
The number of Bahraini students studying at Jordan’s various universities and institutes is 878 students spread over 31 universities and Institutes in the various governorates of The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
the Cultural Attaché was founded at the beginning of the 2002/2003 academic year, under the supervision of the Ministry of Education in Bahrain and under the umbrella of the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain in Jordan.
The Attaché provide all types of care for all students at various points of their spending. It has published the ‘Bahraini Student’ booklet guide packed with information about Jordan and other instructions, advice and guidance useful to the students in addition to hospital and police numbers.
The role of the attaché in the academic field centers on:
- Securing admission to all students from the various Jordanian universities by sending letters to heads of universities.
- Finalizing registration procedures of students on the Ministry of Education’s scholarship programmes.
- Follow-up on the registration of other students the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
- Providing assistance and responding to student’s inquiries.
- Supervise the reception and settlement of students.
- Prepare statistical information requested and utilized by the Ministry of Education in Bahrain, concerning Bahraini students.
- Follow-up on students’ academic progress.
- Meeting with students at the beginning of the academic year in the governorates of Irbid and Amman.
- Meeting with the coordinators on a weekly basis to prepare the agenda for the activities of the committees formed at the beginning of the academic year.
- Providing all the necessary support required for the success of the various students activities.