The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Bahrain and its missions abroad offer a number of passport services. Listed here are the general procedures you can expect per service, however be sure to review the website of, or contact, the mission you are visiting as requirements and fees do vary.
Renew Your Passport:
In order to renew a passport you should:
▪ Complete the passport renewal request form and attach (1) current 4x6 photograph with white background.
▪ Visit your nearest consulate or embassy, with a letter addressed to the Head of the Mission requesting a passport extension to enable you to travel.
▪ You will then be asked to send the request to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in order to receive approval.
Note: Passports ten years or older cannot be renewed and must be replaced
Replace Your Passport:
To replace your passport you should:
• Complete the passport replacement form and attach the original passport with (2) current 4x6 photographs with white background and the 10 BD fee for passport replacement.
• Visit your nearest embassy in person and make a written request. In the event you are in a country or city with no mission headquartered nearby please do call the nearest mission as this requirement may occasionally be waived
• Draft a formal letter to the head of the mission requesting the issuance of a new passport
• All documents will be sent by the embassy or consulate together with the formal letter of replacement request to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which in turn will transfer the request to General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence
Replace or Renew your Child’s Passport:
In order to replace or renew the passport of a child you should:
• Complete the replacement or renewal form and attach a passport accompanied by (2) 4x6 photograph with white background. Applications for replacement should also attach a 10 BD fee.
• The father is required to write a formal letter addressed to the Director of the General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence as well as a letter addressed to the head of the Mission requesting the replacement or renewal.
• The embassy or consulate will send the documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for approval.