Get to know your consulate
One of the primary tasks of our consulates abroad is to look after the interests of Bahraini citizens around the world. Therefore, your nearest embassy in coordination with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and authorities concerned in the Kingdom will be available to support you in the event you encounter any difficulties. In addition to these tasks the embassy will also follow-up on matters related to travel documents, the renewal of passports, and issuing passage documents when passports are lost or expired. Be sure to hold on to the phone number of your nearest embassy before you embark on your trip.
Examples of what we can help with
- In the event that you face any problems or difficulties abroad, we will be available to help you as best we can. When we are unable to do so directly, we shall get you in contact with people that might be able to help, as well as your family.
- If you are sick or injured we can help get you the medical attention you need, as well as contact any friends or family.
- If a Bahraini friend or relative dies, we will be there to help you through the procedures such as the process of shipping the body home. Please refer to (Other Services) for more details.
- If you lose a passport or if the current one you possess expires, our consulates are equipped to take you through the process of getting a replacement or renewal. We also can issue passage documents to allow you to travel in the absence of a valid passport.
- Issuing passage documents to children born abroad.
Getting a Visa to Bahrain
The consular section in the kingdom missions abroad grant visas to the Kingdom of Bahrain according to the laws and regulations on visas issued by the General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence at the Ministry of the Interior in Bahrain.
For More details: