General Information (ar-BH)

الرئيسيةالملحق الثقافي > General Information (ar-BH)

Registration with the Cultural office


How to register?

Please contact: to request registration form:

What document do to I need to send, when I register?

·         Completed application form, could be requested by email :

·         Copy of your passport

·         Copy of Your student visa

·         Copy of your enrollment at the UK University/ college/institution / school.

·         Copy of Your scholarship letter ( if you are sponsored student)


Please return the completed application form along with the required document to:


1.  Arriving to the UK

What are the documents needed to submit upon arrival to the UK airports?

·        Complete the landing card, that is provided to you by the flight crew before landing

·        Valid student visa.

·        Letter of acceptance from the University or Institute

·        scholarship letter if you are sponsored  student by a  company or government or private body or Ministry 

·        X ray and medical report.


2.  Upon  arrival – tips


What should I consider upon arrival to the UK?

·        Ensure that the documents required to show upon arrival at Heathrow Airport are handy.

·        Register with the Bahrain cultural office: please contact e-mail. , once you arrive to the UK.

·        Ensure the suitability of accommodation before signing the contract as the contract is legally binding for full term of the contract.

·        Register with the police within seven days from the date of arrival to the UK.

·         Register with  a GP (General Practitioner doctor)

·        You should contact your local Council tax office, to receive the council tax exemption during your studying period.

·        You would require to pay the tax Council tax in the case of dropout.

·         Pay bills (Gas - water Electricity – Land line – mobile) on time to avoid legal demands.

·        Apply to TV license, if you wish to use the television at home.

·        If it is required, renew your student Visa, long before the expiry date

·         General compliance with laws and regulation of the UK.

Ø You must not use or carry any illegal drugs, including cannabis, ecstasy, LSD or amphetamines.

Ø  It is illegal to carry self-defence CS gas sprays, guns or stun guns. There are also very strict laws and penalties around carrying knives.

Ø  You must be aged 18 or over to buy tobacco and alcohol.

Ø  You should never buy property that you think might be stolen, no matter how tempting it seems.

Ø  It is illegal to drive a car without the correct driving licence and without car insurance. Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a serious offence. Find out more in our Travel section.





Student  tips – Etiquette.

·        Timekeeping
Being late for a class or a meeting is seen as bad manners here. If you are going to be late for a meeting, let the person you are meeting know if possible. Always aim to arrive 5 minutes early for classes so you can get seated before the lesson begins.

·        Queuing
People in the UK queue for everything: for trains and buses, in shops, for toilets and sometimes even to enter rooms for classes or meetings. Queuing is seen as being polite and respectful. If there’s a queue… join it!

·        Tipping
It is considered polite to leave restaurant waiters and waitresses, hairdressers and taxi drivers a small tip (amount of money) of around 10% if you were happy with their service. For example, if your meal cost £30, leave £2–£3 as a tip. Many restaurants add this to your bill automatically – if it says ‘Service included’, there is no need to add a tip.

·        Small talk
When you first meet someone it is sometimes considered impolite to ask people personal details about their age, their political beliefs and how much money they earn. It’s best to avoid these subjects until you are friends. Until then, you’ll find students often talk about the local area, activities at your school or university, and the weather!

·        Please, thank you and sorry
People in the UK use the words ‘please’, ‘thank you’ and ‘sorry’ a lot! And if you bump into someone it is normal to say ‘sorry’, even if it isn’t your fault! If in doubt, be extra polite.



What documents do I need to register with the police?

Police registration

If you are required to register, the condition will always be printed on your vignette or BRP. You must register with the police within seven days of arriving in the UK, unless your college or university has made special arrangements for new students to register outside this 7-day deadline. When you register, you will receive a Police Registration Certificate. You need to update the police within 7 days if you change address, extend your Tier 4 leave, change college or university, renew your passport, get married, or if any of the other details on your Police Registration Certificate change.

If you fail to comply with a condition to register with the police or to notify them of changes, the Home Office can refuse future immigration application or remove you from the UK if you do not comply with it properly. You might be barred from returning to the UK for a certain period.

Students are required to register with the police within one week of arriving to the UK.

 You need to present the following:

·        Your valid Passport with valid student  visa .

·        Two photographs

·        34 pounds (this is the current fees ,subject to change or increase)

 You should notify the police in the following cases

·        Change your Residence

·        Renew  or change your passport

·        Change University or Institute



Register with a GP

When you arrive at your place of study you should register with a doctor as soon as possible.  Do not wait until you are ill. If your institution has its own health centre, you may be able to register there.  Otherwise, you should register with any doctor close to where you live. A list of local doctors will be available from the  Post Office, or your local authority, or from the NHS (at [^]).

To register, you will need to visit the doctor’s surgery or clinic during consulting hours, taking a letter from your institution as proof that you are a student. You should ask to be added to the list of NHS patients. Most doctors’ surgeries  have female as well as male doctors, and if you prefer you can ask to be put on a woman doctor’s list. If you only want to  be seen by a woman doctor, you may need to say so whenever you make an appointment.

To avoid paying the full (private) cost of treatment make sure the doctor knows you want treatment from the NHS.

If the doctor accepts you as a patient you will be sent a medical card through the post with your NHS number. However, being registered  with a GP (doctor), and having an NHS number, does not give you automatic entitlement to free hospital treatment. The hospital providing treatment  is responsible for establishing whether international students are entitled to hospital treatment without charge.

If the doctor does not accept you as a patient, try elsewhere or contact the local Primary Care Trust  (in England or Scotland), the Central Services Agency (in Northern Ireland) or your Local Health Board (in Wales)  whose address can be obtained from the post office or doctor or from the NHS  (at [^]).

Under the NHS, appointments with doctors are free. Ask whether or not you have to make an appointment to see  the doctor, and remember to arrive on time for any appointment you make. Normally a doctor will only agree to  visit you at home in emergencies, when whoever is sick is confined to bed and cannot get to the surgery.

Can I drive in the UK?


·         You would need an international driving license which you can drive with it for  12 months only from the date of the first arrival to the UK,

·         If you don’t have a driving licence yet, , you’ll first need to apply for a provisional GB licence. You can then take a driving test and apply for a full licence once you’ve been in Great Britain for at least 6 months.

You need to Pay for:

·         Road Tax 

·          MOT

·         Car insurance

Do not forget to renew it on time



How can I find an accommodation?


Please ensure the suitability of accommodation before signing the contract as the contract is legally binding for full term of the contract.

·        Once you receive an offer  from the course provider , you can request to book on campus accommodation please contact the accommodation office at your institution.

·        Most universities offer first year students, campus accommodation or accommodation under supervision.

·        If  you wish to take a private accommodation, this can be arranged either via a letting agency in the city where you intend to study, or via lists of addresses provided by the accommodation office at your institution.

·        Accommodation with host families is relatively more easy to come by outside London. It varies in quality and cost from one city to another.


My passport

What should I do if I lost my passport or require renewal or add a child to my passport?

You should contact the Consular section of the Embassy of Kingdom of Bahrain:

·        Address : 30 Belgrave square, London SW1X 8QB

·        Tel  02072019170 ext 200 or 215

·        Email

·        In case of emergency contact : 


3.  UK information ,  Weather

About the UK

·         The United Kingdom consists of England, Wales, Scotland (which together make up Great Britain) and Northern Ireland.

·         Capital cities: The capital city of the UK is London, which is also the capital of England. For Wales the capital is Cardiff, for Scotland it is Edinburgh, and for Northern Ireland it is Belfast.

·         Population: The population of the UK is estimated to be around 63 million (England: 53 million, Scotland: 5.3 million, Wales: 3 million, Northern Ireland: 1.8 million).

·         Land area: The UK is close to 95,000 square miles (245,000 square kilometres), stretching from the Shetland Islands off the north coast of Scotland, down to the Isles of Scilly in south west England, and across the sea to Northern Ireland.

·         Countryside: The UK’s long coastline is around 5000 miles (8000 kilometres). The geography ranges from green meadows and woodland to rugged moorland and mountains. The highest mountain is Ben Nevis in Scotland at just over 1340 metres.

·         Heritage: The UK has a fascinating history dating back to 6500 BC. All over the UK you’ll find monuments marking its history, from Stonehenge to Buckingham Palace. The UK is also home to over 28 cultural and natural UNESCO World Heritage Sites and Heritage Cities including EdinburghBathCanterburyChester, Durham, OxfordStratford-upon-Avon and York.

·         Economy: The UK is one of the world’s leading business locations and the number one destination for inward investment in Europe. The UK is one of the top ten manufacturers in the world and has the largest industries in Europe for Life Sciences, ICT and the Creative Industries. Find out more atUKTI.

·         LanguageEnglish is spoken throughout the UK, but there are other official languages too, such as Welsh, Scots and Gaelic.

·         Money: The currency of the UK is pounds sterling.

·         Religion: The main religion in the UK is Christianity. However, the UK is a multi-faith society where other religions are widely welcomed and accepted.

·         Government: The United Kingdom is a parliamentary democracy – this means that the government is elected by the people. There is an election once every five years. The Prime Minister leads the government with the support of the cabinet and ministers. The UK is a member of the European Union. As well as the central UK government, there are three ‘devolved administrations’ for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. They are responsible for many domestic policy issues such as health, education, culture, the environment and transport..

·         The Royal Family: The Queen is Head of State in the United Kingdom. As a constitutional monarch, Her Majesty does not 'rule' the country, but the royal family fulfils important ceremonial and formal roles with respect to Government. Find out more at

·        Variations in weather Although UK weather is unpredictable, it is rarely extreme. In summer, the average temperature ranges from 9–18 degrees Celsius (48–64 degrees Fahrenheit). On occasion, it can reach around 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) in a heat wave, but this is rare.

Ø  In winter the average is between 2 and 7 degrees Celsius (36–45 degrees Fahrenheit), but temperatures often drop to just below 0 degrees Celsius (36 degrees Fahrenheit). Thankfully, most houses, buildings, trains and buses have good heating systems.

Ø  In general there is little difference between the regions of the UK, but you will experience more snow, rain and wind in mountain areas.

Ø  For weather reports and statistics, visit the Met Office website or the BBC weather website, or listen to local radio stations.


The seasons:

Ø  Spring (March, April and May) is a time for sudden rain showers, blossoming trees and flowering plants.

Ø  Summer (June, July and August) is the UK's warmest season, with long sunny days, occasional thunderstorms and, in some years, heat waves.

Ø  Autumn (September, October and November) can be mild and dry or wet and windy. It's the season when the leaves fall from the trees and the temperature dips.

Ø  Winter (December, January and February) is the UK's coldest season, with freezing temperatures, icy conditions and sometimes snow.


Ø  Daylight

Ø  There is a big difference in daylight hours throughout the year in the UK.

Ø  The longest daylight hours are on 21st June. On this day, the sun rises just before 05.00, and sets just after 21.00 hours.

Ø  The shortest daylight hours are on 21st December. On this day, the sun rises around 08.00 and sets around 16.00 hours.

·        Electricity Supply: The UK works off a flat three-pin plug system. Electrical current is 240 volts, 50Hz. You are advised to purchase the appropriate adapters in advance. These are available at most airports.

·        Credit/Debit Cards: Credit cards are widely used in the UK and all leading credit cards are accepted, as well as Debit cards such as Visa Debit and Maestro.  Authorization is mostly by ‘Chip and Pin’ rather than by signature. 

·        Shopping: Shops are generally open Monday to Saturday from 09.00am to 5.30pm with late night shopping until 8.00pm at many of the larger stores and malls. On Sundays, many supermarkets and some of the bigger shops open from 10.00am – 4.00pm.

·        Driving: A valid licence is required for driving in the UK. Driving is on the left and seat belts must be worn at all times. In the UK the speed limits are 30mph (50km/h) in built up urban areas, 60mph (102km/h) on single carriageway open roads and 70mph (110km/h) on dual carriageways and motorways. The signposts denoting speed and distance are in miles per hour.

·        Smoking On July 1st 2007, England introduced a new law to make virtually all enclosed public places and workplaces in England smoke free. This means that smoking is forbidden in enclosed places of work (including Universities), public houses/bars, restaurants and company vehicles (cars and vans).

·        Currency Pounds Sterling (GBP/£) is the local currency of the UK. One Pound consists of 100 pence. Notes are £5, £10, £20, and £50. Coins are £2, £1, 50p, 20p, 10p, 5p, 2p and 1p.

·         Emergency Numbers  : Emergency Police, Fire, Ambulance:  telephone 112 or 999. These numbers are free of charge but should only be used in cases of genuine emergency. On answer, state which service you require, wait to be connected to that service, then clearly state the location of where the assistance is required.


Universities – Academic information

How can I apply for an Under Graduate degree in the UK?

Applying to a UK university is made easy through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). Through this system, you can apply to a maximum of five institutions on one form.

What courses are on offer?

Depending on your current qualifications and finances, you will be able to study as an undergraduate in the arts, humanities sciences, law or medicine. Courses vary considerably according to the university or college in which you study. The most popular undergraduate qualifications are Bachelor's degrees (also called undergraduate or first degrees), which are now required for entry into a wide range of careers in the UK and other countries. UK degree programmes incorporate the most up-to-date subject developments. Furthermore, they are supported by world-class research and links with business and industry.

·          Explore your options  and decide on a subject  via

UCAS is the central application service for all UK undergraduate degrees. It also provides applications for some postgraduate degrees in social work and nursing.


·         Search for course

·         Check entry requirement

·         Apply on line

·         Wait to hear from course provider

·         Reply to any offer you get

·         See if you meet the conditions and get accepted

When to apply

Entry requirements and application deadlines

·         Remember to look at the course entry requirements to see what qualifications or tests you need to get a place on the course.

·         Check the application deadlines. Many courses starting in September or October allow you to apply as late as 30 June, or later if you apply through Clearing, but some courses have stricter deadlines up to a year in advance.

You can find entry requirements and application deadlines in the ucas  search tool, as well as extra international details on each course provider's website.


Can I study a distance learning program?

Distance learning programs are not accredited by the Bahrain Ministry of Education, therefore it is not recommended.

 I have just completed my program and I need to legalise my Graduation certificate or transcripts.

The legalisation procedure for graduation certificates issued by British universities:


1. Certified and signed by a solicitor in the United Kingdom.

2. The British Foreign Ministry.

3. The consular section of the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain in London


You can deliver the certificate to the cultural office in one of the following ways:


1. Personally attend to the Cultural Attaché Office.

2. By post (preferably registered mail) either from the United Kingdom or the Kingdom of Bahrain.    

3. Through the office of the Ministry of education of the Kingdom of Bahrain.


Required documents:

1. The certificate or the certificate and transcript to certify them.

2. The amount according to the table set out below.

3. Your address, phone number and email written on a separate paper.


The address is:


Bahrain Cultural Office

98 Gloucester Road





Cost of Legelisation:


Two documents

One document

Handing in documents

by hand



Solicitor cost



Foreign office cost



Embassy cost



Post cost



Total amount



for One or two document

Additional cost


Sending back the document to UK address


Sending back the document to Bahrain address


Sending back the document to MoE in Bahrain



·         Fees can only be paid in cash.

·         This fee is only up-to-date and is subject to changes.

·         The legalisation procedure takes between two to three weeks, except during official holidays.

·         Should you require someone else to collect your legalized documents from the cultural office, your written consent would be required.

·         Certificates issued from US universities in United Kingdom cannot be legalised through our office in the UK. It should be legalise at the USA.


How to find out the accreditation of a university or recognition of a program at the Kingdom of Bahrain?

Please contact the Academic information and Credential Evaluation department.

Tel (+973) 17983451

Fax +973 17686798




4.  Visa – Teir 4 - Gap year

For Visa regulation


Please visit the United Kingdom Boarder agency  UKBA


 Study at your Tier 4 sponsor institution

When you enter (or re-enter) the UK you must intend to study at the Tier 4 sponsor that has issued your CAS, and whose Tier 4 sponsor license number is on your sticker or Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

It is a condition of your Tier 4 leave that you study full-time at the Tier 4 sponsor institution that issued your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), and whose Tier 4 sponsor license number is therefore printed on your vignette or BRP. (Unless your BRP was issued between summer 2010 and September 2011, in which case it will show your CAS number not your Tier 4 sponsor license number).

It may be possible to study a different course with the same sponsor, but if you applied for your Tier 4 immigration permission on or after 6 April 2013, you must not study a course at a lower academic level than that stated on the CAS that you submitted with your Tier 4 (General) application, unless the requirements or conditions of leave would have been the same if you had applied for immigration permission for the lower level course. This means that if you had applied for the lower level course, rather than your current course, and any of the requirements (for example, level of English language,  getting ATAS clearance), or the conditions granted (for example, hours of work permitted), would have been different, then you will be in breach of your conditions if you commence such study.

There is some limited flexibility to switch to a different Tier 4 sponsor, but you must apply for permission from the Home Office first.  

Apply to UK student’s visa  ( From Kingdom of Bahrain)

When to apply

The earliest you can submit your application is three months before your course starts, and you should try to submit your application as soon as you can. You can start planning your visa application now - for example, making sure money is in your bank account and getting your documents together. 

Bahrain Visa application Centre

VFS UK Visa Application Centre 
23 Floor, West Tower, Bahrain Financial Harbour, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain 
Location Map
(Email replies are provided in English only)

00973-17215538 00973 17215589 (local rates apply)

Sunday to Thursday 08:00-15:00 Advice is available in Arabic and English.


Can you take a gap year and work full time?

No. If you want to defer your studies for a year, you should leave the UK and come back when your studies start again. You can work full time only in your vacations, or when you have finished your studies, or if you are doing a work placement or an internship.

5 years limit on UK study at undergraduate and Master’s level.

The UKBA have introduced a 5 year limit to study carried out on a student visa, at undergraduate and Master’s level. Exemptions will apply for students studying undergraduate courses which are longer than 3 years. 


  • السفارات

  • العثور على سفارة مملكة البحرين :


  • upr
  • bahrain
  • 2030 bahrain
  • bahrain
  • upr