The Minister of Foreign Affairs:
Having reviewed Cabinet decision No. (08-2122), issued in session No. (2122) on August 7, 2011 on the formation of a committee to follow up on the adherence of the Kingdom of Bahrain to all UN Security Council resolutions;
Cabinet decision No. (05-2153), issued in session No. (2153) on April 8, 2012, approving the expansion of the competences of the Committee to follow up on the commitment of the Kingdom of Bahrain to all Security Council resolutions:
And based on a presentation by the Undersecretary for International Affairs,
We decided the following:
A committee called the National Committee for Follow-up of the Kingdom of Bahrain's commitment to all UN Security Council resolutions and referred to in this decision as the (Committee), shall be formed and chaired by of the Undersecretary for International Affairs, with the following as members:
- Director of Organizations at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A Representative from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A representative from the Ministry of Interior.
- A representative from the Bahrain Defense Force.
- A representative from the Office of the First Deputy Prime Minister.
- A representative from the Ministry of Cabinet Affairs.
- A representative from the National Security Agency.
- A representative from the Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments.
- A representative from the Customs Affairs.
- A representative from the Ministry of Labor and Social Development.
- A representative from the Central Bank of Bahrain.
- A representative from the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism.
- A representative from Civil Aviation Affairs.
- A representative from the General Organization of Sea Ports.
- A representative from the Land Survey and Registration Bureau.
The term of membership of the Committee shall be three years, renewable for similar periods. If any of the members is absent for any reason, he/she is replaced by a representative from the same body after being nominated and selected by the Head of the Committee.
At its first meeting, the Committee shall elect a Vice-Head to replace the Head in his absence and a Rapporteur for the Committee.
The Committee may, while implementing its work, seek the assistance of a competent and experienced person, and invite them to attend its meetings to give out opinions or advice or provide them with needed information to exercise its functions without having the right to vote on the Committee's decisions.
The Committee’s main tasks are as followed: -
- To coordinate governmental policies and efforts in implementing the UN Security Council’s resolutions in the Kingdom of Bahrain and submitting the matter to the relevant authority.
- To prepare the reports required pursuant to the resolutions of the Security Council and refer them to the relevant authorities in order for a timely submission to the United Nations.
- To follow-up visits of official delegations and United Nations expert teams visiting the Kingdom of Bahrain in regards to this matter, including coordinating visits and escorting visitors, as well as preparing reports concerning the visits, and following up its results in the relevant authorities of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- To respond to queries from the sanctions committees of the Security Council or the expert groups of those committees.
- To review the relevant national legislation and coordinate with the competent authorities to complete them if necessary.
- To follow-up to the resolutions issued by the UN Security Council on the fight against terrorism and coordinate with the relevant authorities in the Kingdom of Bahrain for their implementation.
The Committee holds its meeting in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs once every 3 months or whenever necessary, upon an invitation from the Head of the Committee or its Deputy Head. The meeting is valid with the presence of the majority of members, provided that the Head or Vice Head is also present.
The Committee shall issue resolutions and recommendations by a majority of votes of present members. In case votes were equal, the side of the Head of the Committee shall prevail.
The Committee shall submit an annual report including the outcomes of its work and its recommendations. The authorities concerned shall be informed of the said resolutions.
The Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs shall implement this decision. The decision shall become effective the day after its promulgation in the Official Gazette
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa
Issued on: 16 Safar 1440 Hijri
Corresponding to: 25 October 2018