Please note that UK driving licenses can be used in Bahrain for up to 3 months from the date of entry provided that the holder has a valid tourist visa.
If the license holder is planning on working in Bahrain, he/she may use a UK driving license for up to three months, after which the license holder must apply for a Bahraini driving license following the extension of his/her work visa and the issuing of a Bahraini ID card.
Guidelines for transporting animals into Bahrain:
- Must be at least 3 months old.
- The department of veterinary control in the Ministry of Municipalities Affairs and Urban Planning must be provided with a copy of official documentation containing details of the animal’s vaccinations to verify that the animal has been given all necessary immunizations, including: 2 vaccinations against rabies and 2 tricat vaccinations.
- An importation permit must be obtained from the Ministry’s department of veterinary control prior to transporting the animal to Bahrain.
- The following documents must be presented on arrival:
- An official health certificate issued by the authorities of the country from which the animal is being imported.
- Documentation of vaccinations.
- An entry permit will be issued provided that all documentation is presented and up to date.
- A fee of 2 Bahraini Dinars must be paid per cat.
- An importation permit must be obtained for types of birds that are permitted for importation in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Importing no more than 20 birds for personal reasons.
- There is no limit on the number of birds permitted for importation for commercial reasons.
- When importing endangered birds an importation permit must be obtained from the environmental directorate of the Ministry of Municipalities Affairs and Urban Planning.
- The following documents must accompany all shipments of birds on arrival:
- Official health certificates issued by the authorities of the country from which the birds are being imported.
- Official certificates of origin.
- The original copy of the importation permit.
- Birds must be taken to the veterinary quarry on arrival for a health check and bird flu screening.
- Birds will be delivered to their owners upon confirmation that the results of the bird flu screening are negative and all documentation is presented and up to date. These procedures may vary depending on the type of bird and the country from which it is being imported.
- A fee of 1 Bahraini Dinar will be charge for each bird imported into the country for personal reasons, while a fee of 5 Bahraini Dinars will be charged for each bird imported for commercial reasons.
- If all requirements are met, importation permits will be issued within 15 minutes.