His Excellency Abdulrahman Mohammed Al-Qaud
Ambassador of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the Republic of India – New Delhi
Date of Birth: 01/04/1948
- He holds a Master’s Degree in Aviation and air transport.
- He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation from Oxford UK.
- He graduated from Manama High School.
- He has attended and participated in many courses in aviation science, technology and piloting.
Membership in committees
-  Promoted to the position of undersecretary of Civil Aviation Affairs.
-  Appointed Assistant undersecretary for Civil Aviation Affairs- Ministry of Transportation and communication.
-  Executive Vice President of Operations, Acting CEO of Gulf Air. One of the founders of the Bahraini Administrators Society.
- Vice-President of the Supreme Committee of the Bahrain International Aviation Exhibition in 2010-2012.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Bahrain Airport services.
- Chairman of the Executive Committee and board Member of Gulf Air until December 2005.
- Board Member of Gulf Aircraft Maintenance Company (GAMCO) and Gulf Helicopters Company.
- During his tenure in Gulf air, he developed a plan to qualify pilots, where he supervised the training of (500) pilots from the owner countries, as well as the rehabilitation and training of 200 engineers, and he worked with his team to qualify the Gulf nationals to replace foreigners, especially in Leadership positions in the Company (Like Airport Managers, Sales-Managers, Headquarters-Level Managers).
- During his tenure, the Civil Aviation sector improved and developed after assumed his responsibilities in (Gulf Air). The Kingdom of Bahrain has gained a strong presence in Air navigation and strengthened the Kingdom’s name in prestigious Civil Aviation Forums.
- He has multiple contributions to the Arab Civil Aviation authority and the field of air transport.
- He prepared a comprehensive plan to train Civil Aviation Officials to obtain postgraduate degrees in various disciplines (Courses).
- Training and hiring females in Air Control and Civil Aviation Departments.
- He developed a strategy for the first edition of Bahrain Formula 2004-4-4.
- He has made great strides in the development of the Aviation sector using the most advanced technology.
- During his tenure the Civil Aviation Affairs received ISO quality certificate.
- During his tenure, Bahrain International Airport received several International Awards as the best Airport in the Middle East and Africa.
- He developed a plan to rehabilitate the only runway at the Airport without affecting the flow of International Air Traffic.
- As the Vice-Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Bahrain International Air show at the first and second sessions 2010-2012, he succeeded in drawing up a strategy. The plan was successful by all standards. The first time that the industry partners gathered from technology producers and users on the ground of the Kingdom and contributed to the confirmation of the Kingdom’s advanced position as in the field of Aviation Exhibition Industry, with the presence of mega Aircraft manufacturers to participate in the exhibition.
- He received the “Man of the year” Award in Dubai, where he was honored among the elite in the field of Aviation Industry for receiving the Distinguished Personality Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Aviation development sector, amid the presence of more than 700 dignitaries from around the word representing the largest heads of companies and public institutions in the field of aviation at Dubai in 2011.
- In recognition of his significant role, services, contributions and achievements in the Civil Aviation Sector in the Kingdom of Bahrain in particular and the Gulf, Arab and International Air Transport Sector, he was honored in Dubai, UAE. By Minister of Economics, in the “Air Transport Economics Summit”, which was launched recently during the period 6-7 March 2013, with the participation of 20 Speakers from Aviation experts in the region and the world, as well as decision makers in the Air Transport and Aviation Affairs, at the local, regional, and global levels.
- His Majesty the King of the Kingdom of Bahrain has appointed Mr. Abdul Rahman bin Mohammed AlGaoud as an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the Republic of India in 2017.
- H.E.Mr. Abdul Rahman bin Mohammed AlGaoud presented his credentials to the President of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka in 2019, as an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, stationed in New Delhi.
- H.E.Mr. Abdul Rahman bin Mohammed AlGaoud presented his credentials to the President of the Republic of Maldives in 2019, as an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the Republic of Maldives, stationed in New Delhi.
- H.E.Mr. Abdul Rahman bin Mohammed AlGaoud presented his credentials to His Majesty the King of the Kingdom of Bhutan in 2019, as an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the Kingdom of Bhutan, stationed in New Delhi.
- H.E.Mr. Abdul Rahman bin Mohammed AlGaoud presented his credentials to the President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal in 2019, as an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, stationed in New Delhi.